Impressions ~ 100% Pure virgin wool

So recently, I had to go to Paris with my Husband on business... SHAME, I KNOW! Anyhow, I won't deny it, it was as wonderful as ever.

With Monet's Waterlilies on my mind I decided to revisit the Orangerie Museum*. It was beautiful. The lighting, the architectural back drop, the mood ~ everything was perfect. And not least, the artwork was as lovely and as moving as ever.

I came home inspired, so I made a shawl. It's my impression of Monet's impression of his Waterlilies. It was a lot of fun and I actually felt a new connection with his art. Felting is interesting as its layering process is like painting with oils. Except it's 2-sided.

I'm not sure what will come next, but I know this shawl was particularly fun to make!




Pin It

Comments

  1. Wow Cybele. This scarf is just beautiful! And it really does look like a Monet! Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really a beautiful shawl! I was the among the first "tourists" to see the "new" Orangerie after the reno. It was inspiring and your shawl rekindles the memory. Dr. Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Wow. I knew it was Monet's waterlillies before I read the description. I can't believe how well you've captured the beauty! shosho me more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These scarves are beautiful. I particularly love the Monet inspired shawl. How big is it?
    E.Anders

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally got to take a look at your creations. They are beautiful!!! You're very talented :-) The Monet one is my favorit... Helene
    Apr.26, 2010

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts