Sewing Machine en-Route!


I've chosen my sewing machine!!!

Indeed, the machines offered in Europe are different than those in N.America and come at a heftier price.  Bummer.

But... once I found my first and second choice here in Europe, I was able to continue my research.  It was tough to find the equivalent!  I did some corresponding with Brother and some smaller distributers who essentially deferred to Brother.

My choices in Europe are coded as follows: 
1st choice (equivalent to Innov-is PC420PRW) is: Innov-is 350SE/400
2nd choice (closest equivalent to Innov-is 80) is: Innov-is 50

I found it on a UK Brother dealer site that is working on their internaitonal website (so they're good to answer my questions in English and as confirmed by them, able to deliver to Germany!)  After extensive research, I found that their price is also the best.  The machine is going for 449 pounds (E515) plus delivery.  And being an official Brother dealer, they also provide Brother incentives like a free wide table before the end of the month (61pound value)!  Yay!  Locally (DE), the "cheapest" I saw it for was E629 (+E13 for delivery) on Amazon.de (no incentive available).  I also saw it for E799 on two German websites and E847 on the German Ebay.  Yikes!!  The customer service has been really great so far (answering my questions promptly etc.) The only down side is that any warranty concerns are to be dealt with in the UK.

Hahahahahahappy!!!

One downside to my #1 machine is that according to a "Notice" I found on the official Brother Europe website, there was a reduction of 6 of the originally included feet.  BIG SHAME!!! but since I get a wide table extension for free I'll order a couple of the feet that are missing for about the same value.  Again, if I had gotten it on Amazon.de, I would still be short 6 feet and have no incentive wide table...

.....update....

I've placed the order and it will arrive in 5 business days!!

I'll write more on the supplier and the machine soon! 
Pin It

Comments

Popular Posts