Baby Project ~ Team Effort

Lion, Bedding & Quilt Set
Recently a couple of girlfriends and I combined efforts to make a gift for our girlfriend who is about to "pop" her second son.

We came-up with ideas for a 3-part gift.  A quilt, a bedding set and of course, a stuffed animal.  Next we sourced some versatile bright, colour-coordinated fabrics (matching also in thread count etc.) and got to work.

Julia made the quilt (my gosh, I think she got the most labour-intensive part of the project...), Bec made the lion (mind you, seeing this in bit's and pieces was a bit overwhelming as an on-looker) and me, I did the bedding set.








Julia's Quilt (complete)
Here are some pic's:

Julia cut, stuck, pinned, ironed, sewed (repeat x1,000,000) to end up with this gorgeous finished quilt.












Bec cut, cut, matched, pinned, cut, sewed, flipped, stitched and stuffed to end up with the adorable lion:
Bec's Lion in Ruins
Bec's Lion (viewer discretion is advised...)










And I measured, pinned, sewed, sewed and ironed to end up with the reversible bed set:

Cya's! Reversible bed set (Pillow and Duvet covers) ... wait, how did Bec's lion get in there?!


Koko, we wish you and your family all the best!

A quote from Koko: "I like bright colours. They show the strong personalities we each have."



Pin It

Comments

Popular Posts